http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Messing about on boats

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Messing about on boats

Whoosh! Speeding out of Canary Wharf, I've just got enough time to fall over, get the hair out of my face and take a photo in the blinding sun and Thames spray...

It wasn't just Toad who loved messing about on boats. I think children and men love boats too. And then there's me...

I caught the boat into work the other day - just because I could. Purely decadent. 2.70 even with an Oyster card, but airline seats (the way they used to be) and smart hostesses. So I chose to hang out the back covered with a bit o rust and seagull poo!

The Thames Clipper goes like the clappers. It's like being in a speed boat. We raced police boats (I hummed the theme song to Water Rats as we did so).

I smiled at the memory of the historic Wapping pubs where Adrian and I got soo drunk that we drank all our money but thankfully had enough money for the boat back to mine.

I dreamt of the insides of warehouses that either were or are or will be cool converted apartments.

I went to work with messy hair and a bloody big smile on my face!

Pics of my ride here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home