http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Back in the mother country

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Back in the mother country

I've said mita and miksi far too often
Marvelled at rain
Put jumpers on for inside the house
Missed instant hot water
Shuffled around in Marimekko slippers and realised it doesn't work the same on carpet
Got homesick listening to the DNA recorded message
Not eaten a single English speciality food
Admired daffodils that sprang up on my arrival
Smiled at the sight of soy milk
Eaten a lot more meat
Looked at my Finnish labelled toiletries with nostalgia
Wondered where all the lactose intolerant people are
Missed the sun
Loved the people who spent time with me on MSN or wrote me juicy emails
Cursed the people whose emails and texts are yet to come
Listened to Finnish radio while on hold
Told people I ate reindeer
Realised I can be very silent...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home