http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Funky cold medina

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Funky cold medina

I have found the success of enjoying the medinas. You need a shopping list! Not a tacky touristy one but a real one with things like socks and padlocks. This gives purpose to wandering and makes me feel very local. You also need a nice little town like Taza which stocks all these things and more. Taza has no foreigners, even less interest in the one that is here and is a functional and pretty place. I am however leaving it in a few minutes. Firstly because I'm sick and it's bitterly cold and the prospect of arriving at the edge of the desert at midnight doesn't appeal. Secondly because my shopping list has been fulfilled.

Last night was possibly one of the coldest nights of my life. I breathed steam into the night air. Only this was the air inside my hotel room. And I slept with my woolly hat on. So this morning I went straight out and bought some gloves and more socks.

Much to say, but a train to catch, and also the third reason I must now leave Taza, quite possibly the stickiest keyboard ever, amd I am having to hammer each key without my gloves on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home