http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Festering in Fes

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Festering in Fes

What's wrong with me?? I mean aside from the psychological and the coughing up blood and orange juice?! Why am I bored in Fez? Am I precocious, pretentious thirty something who ranks countries (not as friendly as Turkey, markets not as gory as Japan etc). Am I incapable of sitting down and enjoying a good book (actually I can do this but my English supply is fast running out)? Can I only find joy in cities like Oujda, the Algerian border frontier town with ghost-town qualities and no electricity or running water (that said, my hotel in Nador didn't have that either and it wasn't that interesting!)

Perhaps I have been reading too much Jon Snow and wanting to be born thirty years ago where becoming a war correspondant was accidental and admirable...

Today's choice find / Rowena's Slice of the Exotic: A camel head in the butcher shop. Even the string of goat's heads do nothing for me. Yesterday's choice find was a cute little orange and white kitten eating a chicken head. Awww.

Too uninspired to blog. Now is the time to send me emails. I am actually replying! I am just too bored to generate...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home