http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Rock the Kasbah with my coughing

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Rock the Kasbah with my coughing

Arrived in Fez at one am... This is beginning to be a bit of a habit! We found a friendly hotel without the use of the touts. We managed to get our bags onto the bus and then off the bus again (tricky check in and cross fingers system). We even got one and off the bus at all the right times including a stop for stretching tired buttock muscles, something which amused our bus drivers when I performed the exercises. It's the small things in which you find triumph...

I lay in bed that night with my beanie on, tracksuit tucked into two pairs of socks, a fleece on, and a lot of feather blankets. I had goose bumps and shivered for hours until I fell asleep. Yeah, just a little bit poorly. When I woke up, I had lost my voice which has now come back to the point that I can squeak every third syllable. This makes me sound like Sooty when I speak French...

I've moved to a posh hotel where I can make demands for things like blankets and where toilets are in the room, and bathrooms are not optional, in the hope of getting better or at least dropping my temperature. The hotel has a courtyard with a swimming pool, which I won't be using but expect some funny photos of me lounging by it in my woolly hat!

We're off to try and find the old town. Fez is a sprawl of new and ancient. I'm excited by the prospect of finally seeing something (24 hours in Nador just sipping and shopping has made me restless). And of course time to go buy some more tissues and toilet paper...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home