http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: rant rant rant rant rant rant

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

rant rant rant rant rant rant

Look, I know my job is not supposed to be glamour and sipping champagne and nibbling canapes, even if PR functions are all around me. And I know that for my superiors it often will be. But, being left alone at this time of night (after nine PM) with no bilingual staff, in fact no staff at all aside from a well meaning part English speaker (at this time of night, ability to speak in other languages fails, as does my skills at charades), to call my boss and hear them at a function, glasses clinking happily, to need something more substantial than rice cakes for dinner, to want to know where my team are and where they have gone and what do you mean they all got sent to the party... ?!!! Yes you guessed it. I lost my bottle a little. A sarcastic, "Call me when the party's over" did not have the desired effect.

So if anyone would like, from wherever you are in the world, to offer to find me some food, or to cover my accreditation desk while I try and find a western toilet, or can offer remote translating skills or or or would just like to send some sympathy and tell me that one day the world will be a more effecient place for journalists because of my endless toils, and that deep down everyone loves me and the job I do... then I'd be really happy.

But if anyone around the world wants to tell me they are at a party, or getting good dinner, or sleeping, then go away. Really far away.

Rant over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home