http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: When geese go bad

Friday, June 17, 2005

When geese go bad

In case anyone might think that Harakka Island in Helsinki is a lovely place for a picnic, I suggest waiting till the birds are a little more relaxed about the parenthood thing.

A romantic picnic is not so when your date is swooped by a seagull, completely unprovoked and at random, though I suppose from an aerial point of view, my date's head looked could have looked like a chip or a bread crust. Anyway.

I fared no better with a goose who hissed, and bit, and flapped at me, leaving me no choice but to react like the girl I am and scream and run away.

Thankfully, my date was Irish and not Finnish so there was much chivalry and protection of the girly me from the birds, rather than hunting them.

A scene set for a Hitchcock remake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home