http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Lost in the rainforest

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Lost in the rainforest

There's a building in there somewhere
The rain stopped at about 4am when I should have been hearing the call to prayer. The silence from the rain was just as blissful.

The seasons in Finland are so dramatic. On my return, the following morning I woke up, not to the cat in the window but a wall of greenery. So green it looked unnatural.

Today I almost couldn't find the laundry, which is alarming, because it's only the building next door.

And I really couldn't spot the S market which is shrouded in greenery. The whole place looks different as a result. And really quite beautiful.

My mother tells me it has rained for nine consecutive days in Perth. Only in Australia is this news announced with happiness. Good for the plants, the farmers. Even the wet office workers know not to curse it. Apparently the wettest winter for 70 years...

Compare and contrast the spring pic above with winter view here

1 Comments:

Blogger Baijiu said...

Yes! Strong seasons! It's not winter without snow and it's not summer without dazzling greenery.

12:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home