http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Chronology

Monday, June 13, 2005

Chronology

People who didn't get texts and calls from Turkey are wondering what on earth half the posts mean and how it all fits together so here's a diary like synopsis with links and pics... Of course you'll still have to trawl through May and June for detailed postings. And there is still diary entries being typed up...

May 11. Depart Finland for UK. Dinner with Adrian, a birthday celebration. Oh lovely bangers and mash.

Adrian cooking bangers, creamy mash and real gravy. MMMmmm

May 12 and 13 work in London. Enjoy fry up. Oh for a Finn to make one of these...

A fry up. Something created by God after he created earth. Canned tomato optional.
Drinks with old friends.

May 14 work in Oxon. I think it was a weekend! Dinner with Shelly and Martin, and family. Pub meals. Decent pub meals!

An English pub. Sweet and interesting with an assortment of beers and good food. One on every corner and no old men in tracksuits in sight.

May 15 work in Oxon. Ah panic, work and pack and celebrate. Weather good enough for a BBQ.

Alyssa chilling out at the BBQ.
Stock up at Tescos! Depart for Antalya in a blur.

May 16 arrive Antalya. Am told my room is gone, and am offered a sheet at reception instead.

You want me to sleep where?!
Three hours sleep. Am married off to Yilmiz of Ali Baba's carpets.

My husband's shop...
I chase cats.

This one got away...
People speak to me in Finnish. Late scramble for bus to Nevsehir.

May 17 Arrive Uchisar on only two hours sleep. The village is perfect, sleepy, gorgeous, real, breathtaking. I fall in love with it. I meet the staff at 1001 and get adopted. Ahmet the camel man carries me over nettles. I meet H. I watch the sunset from the Kale. Refer to blog.

May 18 I am 30. I balloon. Walk with Tom, dinner with Fritz and Tom. And then a date in Goreme with H. Refer to blog.

May 19 H and I fight but we eventually walk the valley to Goreme. H asks me to stay in Uchisar.

May 20. H and friends walk Love Valley. I make friends with a small French girl. I play with Bonjo the dog, Gigalo and Lutfi. Lutfi makes his move. I am gracious in denial. Lutfi and I go to Turkish night and I am taken to Avanos.

May 21. I walk in Ozkonak with 2 French girls. We get very lost. I feel a cold coming on. I have rejected H's calls till now. He comes to Avanos to say goodbye and tell me to start acting 30. The hotel provides Turkish music and we dance the night away. I try to steal the most perfect cat.

May 22. I have a sore throat. I take a lift with Americans to Aksaray but we detour in Ilhara Valley. I stop in the valley, not sure I have the energy to make it to the churches and back up again. I feel a little unwell. I arrive Guzelyurt and sleep it off.... I wake up to get panadol from the chemist. Strangers offer to take me to hospital. I try to sleep it off. I wake for meals. H tries to find a car. I tell him I'm fine. Refer to blog.

May 23. I have just enough energy to get to reception. I am taken to hospital. I have a temperature of 40 celcius. I need two drips for rehydration. I have low blood pressure, I start to faint. I have tonsillitis. They try to explain a problem with my white blood cells. In the afternoon, H comes and takes me to Uchisar. Refer to blog.

May 24. I can't breathe through my nose. My body aches. The doctors start the first of two courses of injections for the next few days.

May 25. More of the same.
May 26. More of the same.
May 27. More of the same. Some rambling blogs on this.

May 28. I come off the injections. I leave Uchisar. Refer to blog.

May 29. Taner meets me at Antalya. I sleep. Kemer scares me. Refer to blog.

May 30th. I sleep more. The rally starts and all days blend into one until June 5th with the first of the goodbyes.

June 6th. More tears more goodbyes. Adrian and I head up into the mountains to Gul Mountain resort and eat watermelon.

June 7th. We discover little villages. I sleep.

June 8th. Depart for Helsinki. More tears, goodbye to everyone, Turkey and of course, Adrian. I nearly pass out in Austria. The Austrians don't care. I arrive Finland midnight, dazed and confused.

The rest is history!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home