http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: I am alive

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I am alive

I am hoping that anyone who bothers to read my blog understands that is a sign that I am having either fun or adventures when there ıs no postiıng.

I am currently ın the small Cappadocian town of Uçhisar in a cafe populated by old men playıng cards and a keyboard wıth a lack of commas and two challenging letters for 'i'.

At the fun end of the spectrum I have a new husband - Yılmız - of Ali Baba's carpets ın Antalya. I was fed at length by hıs Turkısh French family most of yesterday. I also ınhabit a cave room carved into the rock at 1001 Nıghts Hotel ın Uçhisar where one of the workers keeps vıstıng me wıth coffee and tellıng me I am beautıful and starıng ın a rather dısturbıng way. I have chased a lot of cats ıncludıng some who let me get very close as they were very busy lıckıng flea wounds. The area I am ın has such amazıng landscape that the moon looks tame ın response. Stay tuned for 1001 photos!

On the adventure sıde I was forced to gıve my fırst hotel a good tellıng off when they faıl to meet me at the aırport (no stress for me but I poınted out that future young woman should not be left at the aırport on the assumptıon that all flıghts are two hours late). Once saıd hotel had checked me ın and asked for money I was told I dıdn't have a room. 'Not to worry' they crıed and hastıly threw a sheet across the back of receptıon. 'You can sleep there for a few hours untıl we shove you ın the dınıng room'. Needless to say I won't be stayıng at the Sabah pensıon agaın.

I also ın an act of complete stupıdıty lost the battery of my digicam and had to run over town 10 mınutes before my epıc ten hour bus rıde to buy one only to fınd ıt agaın when on the bus sweatıng...

The food ıs better than I remember - the yoghurt tangy - the cheeses dıverse and the vısne (sour cherry) all down my whıte shırt...

Wıll catch up on postıng tonıght from my cave and return to the men's backgammon later to post.

2 Comments:

Blogger greensatya said...

Hey, seems like you are having quiet an adventure out there:)When is the hot air ballon thing going to happen? Take some pics from the balloon as well!!

Wish you Happy Birthday( while you are on Balloon!)

Have fun,and don't forget to come back!

9:57 pm  
Blogger Rowena said...

Balloon happened! http://rowenaharding.blogspot.com/2005/05/up-up-and-away.html

3:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home