http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: The Land of Big Bunnies

Sunday, July 03, 2005

The Land of Big Bunnies

It's a beautiful day so as soon as my pre booked laundry slot has finished, I am off exploring the city and taking sunny blue cloudless sky photos.

Last night on the way home, I encountered Jack. Jack is a bunny. As much as I would like to think of him as a tiny pupu with wiggly white bottom, he is a rather large kick arse hare. He's not cute at all. He could do as much damage as a kanagaroo; there's not a thing cuddly about him. But I have a soft spot for Jack because he's always outside the appartment waiting for me when I get home. No matter how late, Jack's in the shadows, pacing the footpath, or standing on a rock with those big hare like ears listening out for me. It's nice to have a man waiting when you come home.. !

Yesterday I think I talked for 24 hours non stop with women (okay you too Walt, but I think you feel this is almost a compliment!). God it was good. To just say what you had to say and have no offence taken, no explaining needed, no thread of conversation that needed to be followed, no complex rules of engagement. A man commented "oh you girls just talk rubbish (at the time, we were talking about business ideas). Said man wondered back to his posse of men folk, clearly disgruntled that we had edged him and his business ideas out of the conversation, and started with comments like "Eh bruisers, what's the score." "Ah the bloody Aussies are playing like girls... ." Yes and we talk a lot of rubbish...

This weekend the streets of Helsinki have been full of impossibly young people on hen and stag nights. I think it's because I am getting older, that they feel younger. You know, the old woman already one marriage down! But there is a bit of a tendancy to get engaged quite frequently and quite young to your high school sweetheart. Some of these engagements break off quite quickly and a new engagement starts up. Some of these engagements go on forever, like The Finn who was engaged for 13 years (that in itself should have been a warning but that's another story!). Those long engagements annoy me. You either believe in the institution of marriage, or you don't. But you don't pretend to be committed but really aren't.

Personally, I am hoping Jack might pop the question. What more can a girl want. He dresses well, doesn't talk back, always waits up, is discrete, clean, prepares his own meals... And I am sure I saw him last night hop up from a position of being down on bended knee...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home