http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: It's Haiku Day

Friday, September 16, 2005

It's Haiku Day

I'm off to the country side to compound my feeling of isolation, no seriously, off on a day trip where being with nature shall put in harmony with my surroundings, unlike last night's accidental sojourn into the strip clubs (post to come).

On the way there, I intend to dedicate the day to writing Haiku poetry. This is Japanese poetry written in syllables of 5-7-5 such as the following sterling example about Moomins:

White, wearing no pants
Are you hippopotamus?
Only the Finns know.

Haiku are also supposed to invoke a sense of the seasons but combining that with Moomins at nine in the morning is a bit of a tall order so I'll let a more classic example by one of the Haiku masters illustrate the sense of spring:

An old pond!
A frog jumps in-
The sound of water

I'm seeking stupid ideas for Haiku topics, and will write about Moomins all day until more suggestions come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home